Freemarket.com Marketplace

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bonsai Pot

To start my quest of having my own grown bonsai plants, I need to acquire first the materials needed. The two important materials I need are the pot and garden soil. I have no problem with the soil because, I already have a compose I made from the kitchen waste. So the only material that I need to produce is the pot. I will no longer buy the pot, I will just create my own using any material available in my house. The Styrofoam from the packaging of the rice cooker I purchased can be used in creating the pot.



I will not follow the traditional size of bonsai pot. The size will depend on the available Styrofoam I have. I have a two octagon shape sytrofoam and the size is 1 square foot.



I removed the extra part in the center of styrofoam to widened the pot interior.



Then I joined them together using small stick and hot glue.



Bingo, I have now a pot for my first bonsai tree. I understand that the durability of this pot is questionable but I will only use this as a training box. I will then transfer it to the final presentation pot once the tree achieved the desired size, shape and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment